The 25th Hour Speech

by jon on October 21, 2012

Hello everyone. It has been a little while since I last posted up here. I haven’t done a great job lately of scheduling time for my blog, so I am back on it. I recently spoke at Ignite Charlotte 5 which was pretty awesome. It is similar to TED talks but the speech is only five minutes. You have to come up with a topic and then create 20 slides that automatically advance every 15 seconds. It was a lot of fun to put together, and it really brought out my creative side. I plan to turn this into a longer talk for future speaking engagements. I would love to get your feedback! Thanks.

{ 9 comments… read them below or add one }

Kirsten October 22, 2012 at 6:49 am

You hit it out of the park! You are such an inspiration to me and a reminder of all that is good and right with the world. Be proud. Very well done.

jon November 4, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Thank you so much Kirsten!

Carole Levy October 24, 2012 at 2:28 pm

Hi Jon,
Awesome video, very touching, funny, vulnerable and meaningful! Fantastic to witness your evolution!
Carole

jon November 4, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Thank you Carole! You have been such a big part of my evolution.

Marc-Andre Olivier October 24, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Jon,
way to go my friend. I liked the humor (even jealous of the slides you found man) and personal references.
Vulnerable and inspiring.

Marc-Andre

jon November 4, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Thanks Marc-Andre! You guys were a huge inspiration with the Power Hour!

Laura Gates October 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Fantastic speech Jon, inspired me to think about my #25th hour!

Jocelyn Courtney November 1, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Awesome job, Jon! Congratulations! I really enjoyed and appreciate your message. It reminded me of one of my favorite quotes, “Don’t ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” – Howard Thurman. Sorry I’ve been incommunicado lately! Life has been very full–but full of many wonderful things, so I feel fortunate. I hope you are well! Keep up the quality living my friend.

jon November 4, 2012 at 7:33 pm

That is great to hear Jocelyn. We think way too alike. That Truman quote was originally in my speech, but I had to take it out for space. It is a great one! So nice to hear from you.